I am not a fan of winter at all. I'm sure when I was young it was fun, as I remember loving to go outside with my brothers and play in the snow and build snow igloos and make snow ice cream. Now that I am "older" it is just plain miserable. I can't ever seem to get warm and it makes my bones ache :(
We have had a little bit of snow here this week, only around a couple of inches. It was a very pretty snowfall and since the temperatures are so cold, it hasn't melted as of yet.
A funny thing happened in relation to the snow - as you know, I get to babysit Audrey each Wednesday. Well, this week I had a hair appointment in another town from where the kids live. Since we had gotten most of the snow on Tuesday, when I spoke to my son, Wes (Audrey's daddy) on the phone to make arrangements as to the time I would be at their house the next day, I informed him of my appointment. I got a chuckle when he told me that if the roads were icy it would not be a good idea for me to travel with Audrey in the car. My feelings were twofold, one of pride that my son was that concerned for the welfare and safety of his daughter, and two, that he thought his Mom incompetent of making the right decision about putting HER granddaughter's safety at risk. Luckily, for me and everyone that had to look at me, I was able (without any risk to Audrey) to keep my hair appointment! She was overall very good for Grandma at the hairdressers! Can't wait until I get to watch her next week - we don't have to go anywhere!
This weekend is going to be another fun-filled birthday weekend! My nephew, Brandon, will be celebrating his 21st birthday on the 15th and it is also my two nieces, Heather & Melanie's (sisters born on the same day - 2 yrs. apart) birthday as well. I am looking forward to spending time with family and friends again. Isn't that what it's all about! Hope you all have a great weekend as well.
No comments:
Post a Comment